Let me start by saying that if you are looking for a real Italian Tiramisu recipe, this is not it. This is my version of what I call Instant Tiramisu, because it required no egg white beating and very little effort. So if you are just looking for something quick that will satisfy your crave, this recipe will do it. It always tastes good and you could never mess this one up! Trust me, we have been making it at home for over ten years. (Well never fail except the one time in 2014 when I forgot and turn on the faucet while grating dark chocolate in the sink!)
What You Need
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (5.1 oz.) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package of ladyfingers (usually comes in two packs)
- 4 shots of espresso (dilute with water to make 1 cup) OR 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled, divided OR sub Chocolate milk if making for young children OR add amaretto to coffee if you may, to make it a little closer to the original tiramisu.
- 4 squares of Baker’s unsweetened Chocolate, coarsely grated
- Beat cream cheese with hand held mixer until creamy.
- Beat in milk and pudding mixes.
- Stir in 2 cups of whipped topping
- Line square glass pan with ladyfingers, drizzle with diluted espresso, grated chocolate, and top with pudding mixture, then grated chocolate again.
- Repeat all layers.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or longer.