Kids are craving Cheese Wonton from a takeout place by my mom’s house so we made it tonight. Not as good because the oil temp keeps getting hotter and this momma keep burning it! but this will do 😉
Also wonder how it will turn out in an air fryer?! So if you have one and ended up trying this recipe, please share the result!
What you need:
- 2-3 egg yolks
- 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- Wonton wraps – got this one from Giant Eagle
- 2 tsp of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of crab meat (we used shrimp here)
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- pinch of salt and pepper
- For cheese filling: mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and chopped shrimp together.
- For pork filling: mix 1/2 cup of ground pork and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Use egg yolk to seal the wonton wraps
Step by step pictures below.