This recipe seems to be popular for everyone who loves spicy Thai food. We honestly cooked it tonight because we just got some fresh basil and were bored of regular meat so we chopped up some wings and had fun with it. Note that it doesn’t have to be made spicy, I always add chili at the end for that reason, so you can always leave it out and have it as stir fry basil dinner.
You will need:
- 6 medium wings (about 1.5 lbs), Chop into 5 small pieces
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup scallion, cut to about an inch
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
Step by step photos with description below.
- You may add another 1/4 cup of water, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp oyster sauce to this recipe for more sauce.
- Leave chili out if you don’t like spicy.
- Any kind of fresh basil will do.
- Ground black pepper actually add the heat to this dish so be mindful when sprinkle them in.