A list of some of our favorite creeks to visit on a hot day. Most are a short hike before you reach the water. Kids friendly, based on Ben (5) and Kate (almost 4).
South Chagrin, Brecksville, Everett Covered Bridge are easy access. Parking could be challenging and can be crowded on any given day.
I made notes on each location but feel free to reach out with questions. Enjoy the water!
- Everett Covered Bridge (2247 Everett Rd, Peninsula, OH 44264 – easy access from the parking lot)
- Sand Run Parkway (Access from Portage Path or Sand Run Road – easy access – hard to find parking but you can totally walk the trail and get into the river at various spot)
- South Chagrin Reservation (35069 Cannon Rd, Chagrin Falls, Oh 44022 – easy access. Maybe 3 minutes walks to get to the river)
- Gorge Metro Park (1160 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 – an easy hike to the river)
- Allardale Park (401 Remsen Rd, Medina, OH 44256 – also an easy hike to get to the creek)
- Hampton Hills Metro Park (2925 Akron Peninsula Rd, Akron, OH 44313)
- Water Works Park (2025 Munroe Falls Ave, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221)
- Rocky River Reservation (Valley Pkwy, North Olmsted, OH 44070)
- Brecksville Reservation (9000 Chippewa Rd, Brecksville, OH 44141)
- Blue Hen Falls (Brecksville, OH 44141 – Parking lot is right off Boston Mills Rd. It’s a little bit of a hike to the falls, you will reach the creek before you see the falls)
- Chagrin Falls (N Main St, Chagrin Falls, OH 44022 – right in downtown. Take the stairs down to the viewing area and there will be a path where you can use to get to the river)
- Great Falls of Tinker Creek (in Viaduct Park, Willis St, Bedford, OH 44146)